Monday, August 20, 2012

家 (:

2 weeks before National Day, 
Matt and i decided to do a heartfelt cover of our favourite national day song....

Home.  
Featuring Matthew Siew on keys, 
my trusty partner every Friday at Quarubar (:

我的家,
给我,
一双坚定翅膀,

我的梦,
不论在何方。
一生的爱,
唯有家。 

I'm a true blue Singaporean, with a hopeless penchant for Singaporean food 
(i nearly died 4 months overseas in the states when confronted with everyday fries and all things upsized), 
and a love for our one and only language - Singlish. 

I'm not gna pretend to be all patriotic but this is really one of my all-time favourite National Day song, 
sung by non other than local star Kit Chan. 
Heartfelt and melodically touching, the lyrics spoke to me, 
not just from the POV of the nation at large, 
but also reminded me of the love from my family (: 

Happy national day folks (: I hope you like our rendition of Home!

p.s: Kexin & Matthew plays every friday at Quarubar (113 Frankel Avenue), 9pm till 12mn!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was actually inspired by Yew Meng to record this video, 
because he showed me some national day covers during my interview on his show.
Yew Meng's the director, producer and write of Mengspiration, 
and he interview my sister and i for a 1-hr National Day Documentary Special (: 
'O Singapura: Songs to inspire a nation' will be airing on Mediacorp Okto, 
Thursday, 10pm. 23 August 2012.

O Singapura’ is the story of Singapore’s national & patriotic songs 
through the decades and how they came to mean so much to us.


It features the people & stories behind familiar songs like "Majulah Singapura", 
"Count on Me Singapore", "We Are Singapore", "Home" 
and insightful interviews with Jeremy Monteiro Monteiro, Dick Lee, 
陳潔儀 Kit Chan, Clement Chow, Dr. Sydney Tan, Sheikh Haikel, Ann Hussein, 
Tay Kewei & Tay Kexin (郑可欣), 53A, 
Dr. Bernard Tan & Singaporeans from all walks of life.

I'm so fortunate to be featured with my sister and alongside so the veterans of local music scene! 








Some Behind the scenes shots..
We had the interview within the comforts of the old sophisticated 
Victoria Bar at Intercontinental Hotel.



We were put through some memory test on the good'o national day songs!
Thanks Yew Meng and the crew for the feature!
Do stay tuned to Okto on Thurs, 23 Aug, 10pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment